By Clare Dean | Fri, Oct 19, 2018
We are seeking a part-time Community Engagement Lead to support the growing Metadata 2020 Community. As a project management and communications specialist, you will be the central contact for all community groups, projects, and sub-groups; and be the main point of contact for Metadata 2020 overall. This position is essential to the effective day-to-day running of Metadata 2020 and requires a self-starting individual with initiative and a willingness to step into a variety of tasks where needed. It is a 12-hour per week, remote role, and you will need to be somewhat flexible with the hours you are available.
- Develop outreach materials, including slide decks, and email communications
- Manage the website, including writing and soliciting content for the blog
- Manage Metadata 2020’s social media accounts
- Write proposals for speaking opportunities at conferences on behalf of Metadata 2020 participants
- Schedule and administer all meetings, take notes, and be prepared to update groups on the development of other projects
You will have experience in managing large projects, in outreach and communications, and be a strong writer. It is important that you have a background in scholarly communications (in the library or research sectors). The ideal candidate has a knowledge of the research workflow and metadata use in research communications.
- Degree-level education
- Experience in scholarly communications or related industry
- Evidence of community building efforts
- Demonstrated experience with managing projects and/or volunteer organizations
- Excellent communication and written English skills
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your C.V. and cover letter.